Friday, July 1, 2011

I heart Sydney!

I have had a few people ask if I've forgotten about my blog. No, I haven't started losing my memory...yet. I was just busy writing about International Relations theory--specifically, liberal internationalism as a U.S. foreign policy doctrine. (Not nearly as exciting as it sounds...)

When I finished that 6,000 word essay, I thought about writing a blog post. But, to be honest, I didn't really feel like writing at all. So I took a break. But now I'm back in the game.

Many of you know that Katrina arrived here a few weeks ago. She arrived in the midst of me working on said paper. She can attest to the state of my apartment--and my mind. Bless her. She entertained herself for the first week, and then we headed down to Sydney!

Oh, Sydney! I now have Aussie city envy. It's not that I don't love Brisbane--believe me, I do. But I can't help but realize now just why folks in Sydney smirk when I say "come visit me in Brisbane!" (I still have a soft spot for Brissy--I'm a sucker for the underdog). But I still can't help but realize that Sydney, in sum, has better sights, better food, and better looking men.

Our time in Sydney was one of reunions: Kat and I stayed with our friend Stephen, whom we met randomly 3 years ago while looking at mosaics in the middle of Sicily. We've stayed in touch with him and he was kind enough to let us take over, er, I mean stay at his house. Kat and I also met up with Georgia Guldan and Nicole Gruel, two folks that we lived and worked with in Bangladesh. It was an AUW Reunion Down Under!

The Sari Sisters with Georgia on Bondi Beach

and with Nicole in Manly

We also made new friends along the way...

At the Sydney Aquarium

and the Australian Museum

And saw the famous

Oprah...


er, Opera House

And ventured further afoot...


Royal National Park

The Three Sisters (missing one!) in

the Blue Mountains

Oh, and I mentioned the good food, right?

Korean

Thai

something beyond pub grub

and pies on the beach!


I heart Sydney!

Check out more photos HERE!

1 comment:

  1. Summer, why not post your paper. It sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete